Thursday, May 31, 2012

Really Reasonable Ribbon - Money Holder


Hi  everyone!    I'm up today on the Really Reasonable Ribbon blog.
As I mentioned yesterday, we have lots of graduation parties coming up in June so I'm busy making ways to give out some cash.
You guys may have seen this cute money holder that I made with my Silhouette but I thought it would be fun to design one that didn't require a die cutting machine.
 
So here is a simple tutuorial on how to make a quick money envelope with cardstock and your score board.

Don't worry, I plan to give the graduates more than $1, lol! 





This step creates the pocket that will hold the money.
To make the little twine tassel....I wrapped some twine around my Bow Easy and then tied another piece around the upper portion.  I trimmed above and below the tied portion to create the fringe. 
I embellished my envelope with some Echo Park - Note to Self paper and a strip of totally twill ribbon and a  graduation cap cut from the Cricut Wrap it Up cartridge at 1-1/2"h.

Thanks so much for stopping by!


5 comments:

  1. love the project


    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card. Thanks for the tutorial. I'm going to try to make it today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable!! I love the paper! :)

    - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Great tutorial! TFS
    Tara

    ReplyDelete